Employee Referral Incentive Program Policy (ver.1/2018)
Blackmon Mooring/BMSCAT recognizes the need to hire talented, knowledgeable, trustworthy and experienced individuals to join our team. To promote company recruitment and retention, we want to encourage current employees to refer external candidates for positions within Blackmon Mooring/BMSCAT. We place great importance on referrals because we trust our employees know what is best for our company.
Our company will give out rewards to every referrer. If you know someone who you think would be a good fit for a position at our company, feel free to refer them. If we end up hiring your referred candidate, you are eligible for $500 referral bonus. After 90 days of Referred Candidate’s employment with the Company, Referrer will receive $250.00. After One (1) year of Referred Candidate’s employment with the Company, Referrer will receive an additional $250.00. Additional rules for rewards:
- Referred Candidate must list Referrer’s name on Employment Application,
- Referred Candidate must be a first-time applicant with Blackmon Mooring/BMSCAT,
- Referred Candidate must be hired as a permanent full or part-time employee (not as temporary employees or contract employees) within six (6) months of initial referral date,
- Referred Candidate and Referrer must be employment with Blackmon Mooring/BMSCAT at the time the referral is to be paid,
- All employees are eligible to participate in our referral program except for: Management, Recruiters and Human Resources (HR).
- Rewards are subject to taxation. Please contact HR for more information.
Generally, we encourage you to check our open positions and consider your social networks and external networks as potential resources for referred candidates.
We may change our referral bonus program over time. We also reserve the right to withdraw this incentive program and rewards if they prove ineffective or inefficient. Employees who referred candidates before a reward is abolished will still receive the appropriate reward (subject to rules above).
We would like to remind our employees that Blackmon Mooring/BMSCAT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against protected characteristics or classes. All candidates will be given the same consideration and are subject to our established hiring procedures. All hiring decisions are confidential.