As the saying goes, home is where the heart is. And, there’s no better time to show your home some love than the month of February. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to show your home that you care.
Five simple ways to give your home some much-appreciated affection
- Shed extra weight. You don’t have to wait for spring to roll around to get rid of the junk that may be piling up in your closets or garage. Lighten the load throughout your home and it will seem bigger and significantly cleaner. Plus, spring cleaning won’t be nearly as intimidating when that time comes.
- Get some sun. Winter doesn’t have to be dreary. Sure, the trees may be bare, but that just means less foliage is blocking the sun. Do your home and yourself a favor and let the sunlight in. Pull back the drapes and wash the windows to make the inside of your home cheerier.
- Go for a deep cleanse. It’s not quite a day at the spa, but chances are your home could use a deep cleaning. Hire a professional service to go over the entire place or just focus on one aspect such as the carpet, tile, and grout or air ducts.
- Scrub it down. Your appliances work hard for you every day so it’s time to give them a thorough cleaning. Refrigerators especially need a little extra attention on a regular basis. Start by taking everything out, then, be selective about what you put back. Also, check to see if any of your appliances might still be under warranty with a service plan to cover any maintenance that will keep them running smoothly.
- Buy a bouquet. If you’re not doing any gardening on the outside of your home during this time of year, bring some flowers inside. A blooming bouquet instantly warms up a room during cold winter months. Check out the flower section of your local grocery store to find festive flowers at reasonable prices.
For more information, or to check out our current cleaning specials, click here.