What is Black Mold?
Toxic black mold or black mold is the term used most commonly for Stachybotrys Chartarum. Why is the word “toxic” associated with black mold? Because it produces toxins called mycotoxins. Black mold is most likely to appear in areas of a home or office building that are warm, humid and damp – as moisture is one of the main requirements for mold growth.
How do you know if you have Black Mold?
The color is the primary factor in determining if mold is actually black mold. Whereas most other molds are green or gray in color, the toxic black mold is a dark black. If you have discovered black mold in your home or office building, it is essential to act quickly.
What are some symptoms of Black Mold?
The mycotoxins of toxic black mold cause people to suffer toxic symptoms. The general types of symptoms caused by toxic black mold include:
- Respiratory problems
- Skin inflammation
- Irritation of the mucous membranes
- Damage to internal organs
- Mental impairment
- Immune system suppression
The longer you are exposed to toxic black mold, the more it can damage your health.
Why should you act quickly to remove Black Mold?
Toxic black mold is extremely dangerous to humans and can have a serious effect on the health of anyone living or working in its presence. In addition, black mold can cause structural damage to your property if it infiltrates load-bearing beams and supports. The mold can gradually eat away at these porous surfaces until there’s nothing left.
How do you remove Black Mold?
When it comes to toxic black mold removal, contact a professional black mold remediation company and do not try to remove it on your own. Experienced black mold removal companies have the knowledge and equipment to remove the mold with minimal disturbance, ensuring it doesn’t release large amounts of spores and mycotoxins throughout your property.
Call us today at 877-899-0676 or read our Mold Restoration White Paper to learn more about our black mold remediation services.