Commercial HVAC Decontamination
Maintaining a clean HVAC system is essential for keeping your commercial premises a safe and comfortable place for both your employees and customers.
However, if your facility has been contaminated, by extensive water damage including mold or mildew damage or smoke and fire, your HVAC system will need immediate attention before it is put to use again. Without properly decontaminating the system, much of the cleaning and restoration work done to the premises will be undone as soon as it is turned back on. To prevent your HVAC from redistributing pollutants, BMS CAT provides a professional cleaning and decontamination service backed by years of experience and cutting-edge equipment.
We understand that every hour counts when it comes to the smooth operation of your business, and our sense of urgency helps to minimize business interruption. During our initial investigation, we will identify specific areas of concern and recommend services based on the situation, including air duct cleaning, filter replacement, coil cleaning, odor control and even complete removal disassembly and cleaning of the HVAC unit. We will also thoroughly analyze the indoor air quality to determine and address any specific issues that could be contaminating your facility.
A Safe and Effective HVAC Decontamination Solution
The whole purpose of an HVAC and ductwork system is to keep the air quality inside your premises as clean as possible, but without proper decontamination, it ends up being completely ineffective or, worse still, harmful to the occupants of the building. We only use sanitizing agents that have been approved by the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) to ensure a safe working environment. Our decontamination products have a minimal toxicity level, and they do not leave any active chemical residues inside the system that may cause damage or further air quality issues.
BMS CAT thoroughly cleans and decontaminates the entire HVAC system, including the air ducts, register vents, filters, and exhausts. Using specialized equipment, we can reach into the otherwise inaccessible parts of the system, and we will also disassemble it in situations where more intensive cleaning is required.
What Are the Benefits of HVAC Decontamination?
The benefits of having the system properly cleaned and decontaminated are enormous, and particularly after any kind of disaster, such as water damage from a flood or fire damage restoration, it is an essential task for ensuring the health and safety of your employees and clients. Following is an overview of these benefits:
- Eliminating unpleasant odors caused by things like mold, mildew or soot after a fire, allows your customers and employees to comfortably and safely re-enter the building or facility.
- Increased allergy relief, thanks to the removal of contaminants such as mold, animal dander, and soot particles.
- Following a disaster, employees are often weary of indoor air quality. Many find it reassuring that the entire system has been decontaminated, allowing for optimal air quality in the facility.
Particularly if your premises has just been restored after a disaster, proper decontamination of the HVAC system is crucial before you can finally continue normal operation of the facility. Following renovations to your building, it may also be necessary to have the system decontaminated. If we perform major repairs to your facility, we will ensure that the HVAC system is kept protected and turned off to avoid distributing contaminants and dirt around the premises.
An Extensive Range of Services for Every Situation
We recognize that every situation is different, so we provide a range of professional HVAC cleaning and decontamination services to ensure that indoor air quality remains at its highest possible level.
- Professional inspection and evaluation of the system using direct visual confirmation during every stage of the process. We can use specialized cameras for a more thorough examination of the system, reaching areas that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- Thorough cleaning of the HVAC system, including all internal components, air ducts, filters, fans, ventilators, and registers.
- Mold remediation to completely remove the source of common unpleasant odors and allergens.
- Complete deodorization and disinfection of the system to improve air quality and reduce the risk of allergic reactions.
BMS CAT will work with you to develop an HVAC decontamination plan to ensure that your business is not disrupted for any longer than necessary. In the event of an emergency, you can call us at any time day or night, and we will address your concerns as soon as possible. Additionally, you can schedule regular cleaning and inspection services with us so that your business premises always stays looking its best.