Aviation & Transportation
Whether it involves a wide-body jetliner, a commuter train or a water taxi, a transportation disaster is a complex, emotionally charged event in which the operating carrier’s margin for error is very small. BMS CAT provides aviation and transportation clients worldwide with planning, response and recovery services based on best practices and decades of the first-hand experience.
We believe that success in this demanding field requires partnerships grounded in trust, integrity, and transparency. To that end, BMS CAT works with each client to understand their specific needs, identify or create the right solutions and integrate the results into their emergency plans.
BMS CAT does not charge a retainer and our response agreement is non-binding and non-exclusive. In addition, assistance with planning and training is provided at no charge.
We also build productive relationships by regularly participating in training, conferences, and exercises involving clients, government agencies, non-government organizations and other stakeholders. And if the worst happens, we work side-by-side with our customer until the job is done, focusing on doing the right and compassionate thing for those involved in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
Our services follow industry best practices and the requirements and guidelines set forth in applicable laws and regulations.
Assistance with Planning and Training
- Sharing best practices and information on emergency response processes
- Assistance with developing plans and training materials
- Participation in training classes, drills and exercises, seminars, conferences and emergency planning group meetings
- Serving as an industry resource for information on unique or challenging situations
Response and Recovery
- Development of specific recovery plan and briefing relevant parties
- Search, recovery, control and inventory of personal effects
- Site and command center coordination with customer and appropriate government agencies
Final site survey and inspection
- Cleaning, deodorizing and otherwise processing recovered items as necessary (for example, drying wet documents)
- Call center for servicing claims
- Secure online image catalog for facilitating identification of unassociated items (DVD or photo catalogs also available)
- Personal Effects Care Team (PECT) to return associated items
- Periodic and one-year site inspections
- Short- and Long-term storage
Short-term and Long-term Site Remediation and Recovery
- Site cleanup and environmental remediation
- Removal of wreckage and storage/disposal as directed
- Temporary morgue at or near scene including liaison with statutory or governmental authorities
- Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) services
- Repatriation of remains
- Assistance to families
- Memorial and anniversary services
Integrated Crisis Management
- ID-badging at the Family Assistance Center (FAC) to designate survivors, family members and staff belonging to the operating carrier, government agencies, non-government organizations, and vendors
- Communications support including audio/visual setup at Family Assistance Center and telephone conference bridge for remote access
- Support personnel at scene and/or in Emergency Operations Center(s) (EOC)
- Crisis Managers
- Special Assistance Team (“Care Team”) leaders, members and trainers
- Mental health support
- IT support including computers & communications
- Administrative support
Operational Continuity Support
We understand the operational urgency and the importance of restoring full capacity as quickly as possible. More than 50 customers worldwide – airlines, airports, corporate aviation departments, charter firms and more – count on BMS CAT for emergency planning, response and recovery support. We invite you to join them!