Outdoor Entertaining this Summer
Do you love entertaining? Inviting friends and family over for dinner and conversation is one of my favorite things to do! That’s why I thought it would be helpful to put together this blog and feature a few fun outdoor entertaining ideas for you to use this summer!
Party Pointers for Outdoor Entertaining
- Spray paint metal folding chairs for entertaining in the backyard to add some color, or match your party palette.
- Coat planters with glow-in-the-dark paint for instant night lighting.
- Scoop the fruit out of oranges, coconuts, watermelons and more and use them as decorative bowls for serving sorbet or ice cream.
Outdoor Entertaining Recipes
This easy recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser for guests of all ages. Plus, you won’t be stuck in the kitchen all night and you can enjoy mixing and mingling
with your friends and family.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Doritos and/or Fritos lunch-sized bags
- Taco toppings
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Jalapeno Slices
- Taco Sauce
- Sour Cream
Brown the meat, drain and add taco seasoning along with 1/4 cup water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Gently open the bags of chips, roll down the edges and gently crush the chips. After the meat is fully cooked, simply add a scoop of it, a handful of cheese and select your toppings. Toss mixture with a plastic fork and enjoy!
Recipes for Summer Sippers
Cool down this summer with these festive drinks!
Cucumber Pineapple Tequila Cooler
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes
- 2 limes, skin removed
- 1 seedless European cucumber, peeled (plus slices for garnish)
- 4 ounces silver (blanco) tequila
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes (plus more for serving)
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- Pinch Kosher salt
Prepare a vegetable juicer (or blender if unavailable). Run the pineapple, limes and cucumber through the juicer, letting all the juices combine.
Pour the tequila into a cocktail shaker or pitcher, and then add the juices, ice, agave and salt. Shake or stir vigorously until chilled. Line up 4 tall Tom Collins glasses filled with ice, and pour the tequila cooler over. Serve with straws and cucumber slices for garnish.
Ocean Water Mocktail
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2-12 oz. cans of lemon-lime soda
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 3 drops of blue food coloring
- Bag of candy fish
- Fun and colorful straws (optional)
In a microwave safe bowl, mix sugar and water and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. This should dissolve most of the sugar. Add the sugar mixture to the lemon-lime soda, coconut extract and food coloring to a pitcher and mix gently.