Getting Rid of Mold: Why it’s Important
Mold is an organism that loves warm temperatures and wet areas. These can be caused by faulty plumbing, leaks in your roof, heavy rain or storm damage. Exposure to mold carries with it a variety of unwanted health effects including:
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing issues
- Unpleasant, musty odors
- Discoloration of walls and other affected areas
Never attempt to tackle a mold problem by yourself, as this can be dangerous to your health and the health of your occupants. Always call a professional like BMS CAT to help remediate mold and clean and dry the area. Our procedures will help eliminate mold-associated health risks and provide thorough remediation without contaminating other areas of your property. In addition, our process is designed to help you save time and money and prevent further mold growth.
Our specialists wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and undergo rigorous safety training so you can feel confident the job is done right the first time! We also provide cleaning services using powerful equipment to ensure any affected areas are clean and fresh.
How You Can Prevent Mold
Eliminating mold is only part of the solution. The source of the problem has to be addressed to prevent it from coming back. We will work to identify causes of the mold such as failing HVAC systems, leaking pipes and roofs as well as anything else we find that could cause the issue to return. Following are some essential things that we take into account when preventing the return of mold and mildew:
- Repair any leaking plumbing fixtures or structural leaks in the building itself to prevent further water-related damage.
- Thoroughly examine the site for any condensation, leaks, and dampness and address the problem before going any further.
- Using industrial dehumidifiers, we can thoroughly dry the affected areas.
- Ensure that your home or facility’s HVAC system, registers, ductwork, and filters are working optimally to promote proper airflow around the property.
Humidity is one of the most common causes of mold, and it is typically caused by inadequate ventilation. We will measure humidity to ensure your property has an acceptable relative humidity level.