Finding time to clean and what to clean isn’t as bad as you think, begin with the simple things.
A tidy home looks cleaner than a cluttered home. So without any cleaning at all, you can make a much better impression on guests if you take some time to grab a laundry basket and pick up all that stuff that belongs elsewhere.
*Hint: Move from left to right around the room (do this when picking up and cleaning). This helps you to remember everything behind you is now considered a clean, clutter-free zone and everything ahead of you requires attention.
Cleaning the Kitchen
The kitchen is usually the hub of the home. So, start there and spend the most time cleaning that room.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Clean range or stove top, surfaces, and grates.
- Clean out the refrigerator to make room for party foods.
- Clean and shine the kitchen sink.
- Wipe down all large and small appliances.
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets.
- Create space in the kitchen for entertaining by filling a box with kitchen items you won’t be using and moving it elsewhere. Now you have room for serving dishes, punch bowls, grandma’s silver and other items you’ll use.